Thursday, September 11, 2014

A poem by Sabreena Razaq Hussain, "Tell me Pakistan"

On the 66th death anniversary of the Founder of Pakistan, Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, How will we answer him? A poem by Sabreena Razaq Hussain, "Tell me Pakistan" Tell me Pakistan when the darkest hour arrives, Would you answer the fateful cry? Would you like they, do or die? And serve the land that has given you life? Tell me Pakistan, when the darkest hour shall come, Would you make day and night one? Shall every father push forward his daughter, his son? And do as though I would have done? Tell me Pakistan, when the darkest hour shall span, Would you pay the debt for this bled for land? Would you walk person to person, hand in hand? And hold high your head as once I did stand? Tell me Pakistan when the darkest hour be not far, Can I bequeath you the moon and the star? Shall the green and the white still be seen from afar? From the streets to the rooftops, from mosque to bazaar? Tell me Pakistan when the darkest hour shall reign, Will you still stand and fight all the same? Will you still be known by a land of name? And then I be rested that I dreamt not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment